Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

life lessons from the ekisa kids

I always say these children are teaching me, always teaching me. And I've been reflecting for the past couple of weeks on what exactly they teach me, each of them individually. So meet our kiddos, and hear the things I've learned from them over the past 5 months.


Ziki- he teaches me the beauty of sweet friendship.


Zak- he teaches me how to communicate without words.


Mweru- he teaches me love, how to love and be loved. 


Walter- he shows me what compassion for the defenseless looks like.


Isaac- he teaches me not to take life too seriously.


Ibra- he teaches me that love knows no language.


Elijah- he reminds me that we serve a God of justice.


Joshua- he shows me the pleasure of a sweet, happy disposition. 


Rachel- she teaches me to just be myself [and that creepy is okay].


Paul- he reminds me to keep my eyes open for an opportunity to be a good helper.


Jason- he teaches me not to live behind masks, feelings were made to be expressed.



Arafat- he teaches me unabashed, unashamed joy and how to find it in everything.


Zuena- she taught me that life is precious and short.


Sam (Hasanee)- he teaches me we serve a faithful Healer.


Debra- she teaches me that strength and joy and patience are not bound to our circumstances.


Fiona- she reminds me of His faithfulness.


Daniel- he teaches me the happiness of fellowship and simply being with someone.



Misach- he's just cute :)


Isaac (Little)- he reminds me to enjoy the simple things, like back scratches and foot rubs.


Tasha- she teaches me that each life is precious, and wonderfully made.


James- he teaches me to laugh lots (and to not bite our friends).

So thankful for these kids, and the many things they have taught (and continue to teach) me.

No comments:

Post a Comment